Week 4
I hope to gain a better understanding of how programmers use logic to create software from the ground up. It will be exciting to see what I can create as the I move through the program and hope I will be able to help my peers if needed. My primary goal is to retain the information I learn as it will be crucial to entering the job market. I would also like to further my education beyond my bachelor's degree. This may be in Cyber Security or another area that can transfer into the criminal justice field.
For as long as I can remember, I have had a desire to work in law enforcement in a role that helps investigate crimes. Taking into account my limitations, I knew I had to be realistic of what role I could have investigating crimes. I would like to become a digital forensics analyst where I could have an exciting career with new challenges every day. I hope to work for a federal agency and with task forces that handle major crime investigations.
The ETS computer science sample test does look a bit daunting. I hope to be able to finish in the 80th percentile. I sometimes struggle with retaining information so I feel this to be a realistic expectation for how I will do on the test.
This week we learned about setting career goals, our field test at the end of the program and how to write an argumentative essay. Writing an argumentative essay requires self reflection on how biases can affect the substance being provided. An understanding of logical fallacies is also important because it prevents us from making weak arguments that are not based on facts, but inferences or assumptions.
Hey Vladimir, just wanted to give you some props for pursuing your dream so passionately. It's really inspiring to see somebody push themselves to achieve their goals, I know you're going to make it there one day and you're going to do great in law enforcement!
ReplyDeleteHi Vladimir!
ReplyDeleteYou are an incredibly hardworking and genuine person. Your academic efforts and attention to details are inspiring and I know that you will be an amazing Digital Forensics Analyst one day! Computer science really is difficult but I have no doubt that you will be able to retain everything and do great things with it. I'm excited to see you succeed and achieve all of your goals!
Hey Vladimir, for the longest I've always wondered how to create a program from the ground up, specifically the UI portion as what I've learned in the past has only been console logged. I believe once we get more into this CS program you'll be able to learn more on how to build a program from the ground up. On a side note, I've had a little experience in regards to full stack development, so feel free to shoot me a message and we can sync up. You got this!
ReplyDelete