Final Week - CST 338
As we approach the final week of the class, I noticed that following along with project or assignment walk-throughs can tremendously help in understanding how to structure and build code. At times, I tried to use what I already knew about logic and structure to begin coding but I ended up having to rewrite a many sections of my work. This was especially true with the Markov assignment. I began on the assignment before I had looked through the slides and lectures for the week. This caused me to spend more time having to go back and fix my work where I could have taken the time to look over the prompt and plan how I was going to build the code. However, it has been a great learning experience and
One of the things I am proud of is my basic understanding of how to debug issues in IntelliJ and fix issues with my code. Often times, it can be intimidating to tackle issues on your own and change rewrite code that may cause more issues along the way. But nothing beats the feeling of getting IntelliJ to successfully run your code with the expected outcomes.
I also have a better understanding of data structures like hashmaps and arraylists. These were especially important in Markov where we stored sets of words and used keys to check if a word had been previously used. One of the hardest concepts to grasp was how to compare the characters of two strings and find matching characters without adding duplicates.
Comments
Post a Comment