Week 4 - CST 338
Project 1 Review
1. For this review, I worked with my team members: Joshua, Neng and Kha Ai.
2. My strategy was to start implementing the methods in the order that they were listed on prompt document. I did not necessarily plan it out, just followed the order. I did not attempt to run the tests until I had a rough draft of how I thought each method should be implemented. Then I began debugging to see what I needed to fix.
3. Kha Ai read through the whole prompt a few times before starting on the assignment. She did not plan out the assignment and just started coding after reading the prompt. She wrote the whole project out before doing any tests. Neng chose to write out all the stubs and tested them one by one to make sure they worked. He did this before created methods that called other methods.
4. Mainly, I would have allowed myself more time to work through it without having to stress on time. For the next assignment, I might try to write out methods that do not call other methods first and test them to make sure they work.
5. Since I first installed IntelliJ, I set my code scheme to Google Style so it follows the guide as intended.
6. I struggled with not knowing what to do in an instance where a monster had more than one element for attackModifier(). The setType test was one of the last tests that I couldn’t pass and it was due to my implementation of attackModifier().
7. The monster types were interesting although I was hoping we'd implement some graphics to go with the code so we could see the tests run in real time.
8. I am most proud that I felt confident when I was implementing the methods unlike in Markov. I felt the prompt was straight forward and I created most of the methods quickly. I felt like I knew what I was doing.
9. I celebrated by going out for margs and tacos 😎
Comments
Post a Comment