Week 7 - CST 334
This week, I learned how operating systems manage I/O devices, storage, and file systems in a way that balances efficiency, performance, and reliability. I also learned how I/O devices connect to the system through different buses, and how the CPU communicates with them using registers, interrupts, and techniques like direct memory access to reduce overhead. I also learned about the structure and behavior of hard disk drives, including how platters, tracks, and sectors work together, and how factors like seek time, rotational delay, and caching affect access speed. I also learned the basic file system interface, learning how files and directories are organized, named, and accessed through system calls like open(), read(), write(), and lseek(). Finally, I learned about the internal design of a simple file system, including how data blocks, inodes, bitmaps, and the superblock work together to store both user data and file metadata efficiently.
Comments
Post a Comment