Final Week - CST 438
Some of the most important topics I learned about were how to build REST APIs with Spring because it shows how the frontend and backend handle data by using GET, POST, PUT and DELETE requests. The React components were also important because it showed us how to display data, use state and how users interact with the frontend. The JPA and repositories gave me more experience working with databases in a more efficient way since every queries does not have to be manually written. It was also important to know how to use Git and Github to be able to collaborate on projects with other developers and how to review each others work so that bad code in to pushed into the main branch of a project. Learning about the documentation side of software engineering was definitely a new area I had not put much thought into, since the curriculum mainly focuses on learning best coding practices and putting them to use. These will all be useful in future personal projects that I will make to continue to gain experience and build a portfolio for employment.
Comments
Post a Comment